Sunday, January 15, 2012


I Can't View My Blog
Hi all. I'm sorry I haven't responded to any comments. While I am able to sign in and create new posts I can't view my blog to respond to the comments. All I get is my header and a blank white space where the posts should be.

Consider this a post within a post--

What's New? Not much. I had to go downtown on a wild goose chase. I received a letter from my HMO saying that my health insurance would be canceled if I didn't take care of something or another. So I went downtown at the break of dawn during a freezing cold snowstorm. Turns out I didn't have to go there at all and all is well with my health insurance.

While I was out and about downtown I considered stopping by the Occupy Buffalo encampment but decided against it. Too cold, and until one of them answers my simple, repeated, and single question on their web site I probably won't. What is so difficult about saying whether they are affiliated with Communist Party USA (CPUSA), which does support the Occupy movement. I am making the requests in standard reporter form--not at all accusatory. No response whatsoever and they claim to be open to the media and want as much media attention as they can get.

It's interesting that they won't respond positively, negatively or anywhere in the middle. Even Western New York Muslim, which has been able to interview them, wants to know the answer, too.

In any event, I took a lot of video of the snow in Buffalo and could only cross my arms, roll my eyes when I saw the Coca-Cola Arctic Home for polar bears billboard in the Polish Cadets parking lot.

Send the polar bears to Buffalo. We've got the perfect home for them. Surely there are enough cold parts of the world the polar bears can be shipped off to--Russia, Siberia, Buffalo. The ArcticHome.com web site shows pictures of little, cuddly Knut (RIP cute Knut) type animals. Forget about the polar bear problem in the small Russian town. Several people were apparently eaten alive. The video is scary, but let's forget that these animals actively hunt humans. Not that they're aware that they're killing humans, they're just killing prey.

Shifting topics again--All of my interest and questions about the Occupy movement and the CPUSA has me listening to Russian music. Well, USSR music. Well, technically, the Hymn from Hunt for Red October isn't Soviet, it's by genius Basil Poledouris. Ah, the thinking man or woman's thriller. I can't recall if the Russians were actually trying to defect or if it was all a trial run. Great music though, and I am really enjoying music by the Red Army Choir, so at least I have Occupy Buffalo to thank for that:) Great music is great music.

Great hand clapping and feet stomping music. Haunting at times, dangerous sounding, wonderful percussion etc. Great music. Regarding the Hymn for the Hunt for Red October...it sounds liturgical, dangerous, mournful all at the same time. But I'd expect that from Basil Poledouris. His score to The Blue Lagoon has the same effect. You feel as if you're sailing out to sea. In the Hymn for The Hunt for Red October can almost feel the Russians heading out for the northern seas.

In October! In October! Great music. Ah...those October! October! chants sound victorious, but dangerous. The hushed tones during part of the hymn, fear and yet secrecy. Great music!
 
posted by
| Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • on 1/15/12, 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous
    said:

    "Great music is great music? No matter who it hurts or helps I guess?"

     

Post a Comment

~ back home